Trip to US

Here I am again, long time no see. How are you? Yeah, I had a wonderful trip to Columbus (Indiana, United States), I visited a good friend of mine. Unfortunately, he didn’t have any access to Internet and therefore I couldn’t update you how I am and what I do and I didn’t want to speak about the trip also beforehand. But now I am at home in Tallinn and can update you about things I did. I really hoped I will have an access to the Internet during my trip but I didn’t and so I was sort of offline for some time as you noticed perhaps. Sorry for that.

My traveling day, 18 Feb.That was a hell of the trip with 4 flights (Tallinn-Helsinki-London-Chicago-Indianapolis), everything went smoothly till Chicago as the weather went bad and the last (late night) flight was postponed. Luckily, the weather got a bit better and I got to Indianapolis just 2 hours later as it was scheduled. Though the day was so long, I wake up at 3am and got to the final destination only at 1am (local time), and lets account also the time difference, 8 hours back. So my trip lasted actually 28 hours. Puhhhh, long one, wasn’t it, but it was worth of it. Let me also say that if you can avoid Chicago Airport then do so, it’s the busiest Airport in US and there was a real mess. While I waited and spoke with Americans who waited also to the same flight then they said that its every day issue, the mess, nobody knows anything and delays. Overall it was nice of course. :)

My doings and activities. As my friend had to work during weekdays then I had lots of time to just watch TV, walk around the block, do home training, read all kind of magazines, did lots of thinking regarding my life and just chill LOL. I found a great TV channel, HGTV.com, which showed designers works, I mean they designed and renovated homes, did carpenters work. I got so nice and sweet ideas for my home/flat/condo, so I think I will do something interesting there. As you know the distances are big in US, so we went to gym in the evening when he got back home after work, needed to drive there of course. We went to a very nice gym. It’s called Total Fitness and if I compare it with some our gyms I have been then I would say that it’s very similar with a Sparta gym in Tallinn, though the Total Fitness is a bit bigger and there is lots more cardio machines and weight machines as well. I loved to train there. In the beginning I had hard time to get used to pounds and calculations but I managed as I mostly just divided the weight half and went from there. Now I look forward to go to Sparta and I start new routine from Monday next week, looking very much forward to it.

During weekends we went to gym and also drove around, did some shopping, also went to Franklin, Nashville and Indianapolis. I should have done some pictures but I always forgot my camera to take with me and so there aren’t any pictures about my trip. Everything is in my head. Though I did some pictures in Indianapolis, I included some of them here.

The weather. The weather was actually nice, it was sunny and warm most times. Though, we had also some windy and rainy days, which remind me a saying they have: “You don’t like the weather, wait a minute and it will change”. So, the saying worked very well and after few hours the sun was shining again and the weather turned out wonderful.

About eating, Well, during my trip to US I did some cheating of course and had some not clean base foods, let’s be honest, more than I should have had. I went places like White Castle for small cheeseburgers, Italian restaurant for pasta (cheese, crease), KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) for grilled chicken and Texas Roadhouse and Montana Mike for beef (last three places had a great food and they weren’t so bad for my diet). Also, had Oreo ice cream or Oreo Blizzerd to DQ (Derry Queen) what is delicious I can tell you, also ate pizza and sandwiches. On weekends we went to Waffle House to have breakfast, I loved the breakfasts (I had eggs and toasts, waffles) and the atmosphere there was really great, I will miss that. Yeah, so I had lots of meals what I usually don’t eat, but I ate also all the healthy staff as oatmeal, whole grain bread, lean meats, salads, fruits and veggies. So, overall I did fine and as I kept training and went to gym while I was there then I did almost fine ;) though these drive in places are incredible, they have even drive in banks. ;) Can you imagine ;)

Trip back to Tallinn, 3 March. Same way back and it went well, long though. The trip was safe, I got the entire luggage, didn’t loose anything and that is most important :) All the flights I have had my biggest concern is always the luggage.

About future, plans – there are no changes. Here I am, continuing the same life as I had before I went to US. At least, nothing will change for some time for sure and I will stay nicely here in Tallinn.

Ok, I think I wrote now enough and will stop here. Just information, I will work in Sparta FitShop at 1200-1800hrs on Saturday.

Hope you had also nice last few weeks and enjoying the life on this earth. Train hard! Oke :)

My very best and God Bless you,
Gerbel

PS! Yeah, while I was in US there came out a Spring 09 number of Buduaar magazine and there is an article about me ;) As it is in Estonian then if you don’t have the subscription or don’t read it usually then you can do it here. I talk there about me and how I do keep myself fit, what kind of supplements I eat and etc. All that information is actually available in different pages on my website in English as well :)

I say so many squirrels during my trip and i had to make at least one pic of one ;)

Comments

  1. oh Sind ... maailmarändur!
    Millal detaile kuulda saab? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Õhtust, ehk homme, aga olen vist Spartas tööl kogu päeva ja laupäeval olen kah tööl.. elu on võrratu (irooniaga öeldud) ;)

    Loodan ikka jah Sinuga kohtuda... :)

    Päikest,
    Gerbel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's why I couldn't reach you on the phone :) Great to hear you had a chance to escape from here for the gloomiest period of the winter, honestly speaking. You brought the sun back to us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Katja,

    Nice to hear from you too, yes there was much warmer than here, wish i could stay there ;)
    How are you yourself?!
    Best,
    Gerbel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey hey,

    Lovely to hear from you again:)) and thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your trip to the US. Nice also to hear that you had a happy time and went to visit many interesting places too:) WOW!!!Sounds you like the whole restaurant out girl, lol!!:)) and now Gerbie is double pregant expecting not one kid, but now twins, haha!!:))

    Hey those pixs are nice, however it would have been nicer to see some pixs of you too:) The flight sounds like a real bummer, i have never been to Chicago but good to hear that your travel went quite smooth and that you managed to retrieve your luggage too:))

    Many congrads on being featured in the Buduaar magazine,now you are a major celebrity:))and i think you make a wonderful role model for the sport of womens bodybuilding and in the sport of bodybuilding itself.

    Have a nice weekend Gerbie and best wishes for your training and work in Sparta Shop:))

    Take care and god bless,
    Rhys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rhys,

    Thanks for writing here again, missed that ;) .. yes, my trip was good and wish it would have been longer, though for my diet it wouldnt be so good, eating out gave lots of temptations ;) as you very well know it also yourself :)

    Yeah, im sorry, there is no any pictures where i was on, i just forgot it. Photographer never gets to be on the pictures ;) LOL

    The Buduaar thing went well i think, yes :) .. though i dont consider myself major celebrity ;)

    It was nice to hear from you and hope to meet again one day :)

    Stay cool, train hard and be good :) oke..

    My very best,
    Gerbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to hear from you again after so long time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jackie, nice to hear from you too... kuidas kulgeb?
    Ikka trenni teed.. muide Ain helistas kui USis olin, ei saanud vastata.. pean talle ikka millalgi helistama.. ;)

    Päikest,
    Gerbel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ain tahtis teada, kas sa ikka võistleja oled ;) Aga nagu Silbaumi kodukalt näha, siis on kõik korda aetud juba.
    Ise ma hetkel trenni ei tee, sest mingi tõbi on mind kätte saanud ja trenniisu on totaalselt kadunud. Õnneks on võistlusteni veel aega, ehk tulevad tahtmine ja tervis (jõud) tagasi...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there :)

    I'm OK apart from a couple of self-identification issues and lack of light, sunshine, warmth, and anything we here get for 8 days a year, but who doesn't feel that? :)))

    I actually wanted to ask you something on behalf of my mom. She was wondering if you would agree to do some work when you are in Pärnu next time and have a consultation and training with her. She feels that she needs a more individual approach than a usual beginners' set :)
    Great to hear from you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Katja,

    Of course, it would be wonderful to help your mom.. though it will take some time when i go to Pärnu, in March there is no free weekends and all weeks im working. So i try to get one weekend off in April to go to Pärnu and i let you know beforehand, then we can set timings and meetings and training to her :) oke :)
    Its great to hear from you too :)

    Best,
    Gerbel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2020, time flies

Silence, present and plans for future

Bill Richardson's gym